Sunday 8 April 2012

Just Keep Walking

It took me ALL day, but I have finally amalgamated every iTunes library I have ever owned into one MEGAlibrary. It's amazing. I think I could just sit here all week with the music on shuffle and still be smiling. New songs keep popping up that I'd forgotten about that bring back memories that had wandered to the back of my mind. It's funny how music has the ability to whisk you back a matter of years with just a couple of chords. It's the same effect that smells have on me as well; when I get a whiff of a certain unnamed scent and suddenly I'm transported through space and time to a moment from my past where that smell was also present. It makes me think about the many dimentions of the mind, if there are memories that are only triggered by smells, what else is hiding there that I might stumble upon by touching a particular material or something even more abstract than that?

 Anyway, I'm happy today because I found my iPod, which has been lost in the jungle of my room for the last 5 months. Yayayayay. But now I've updated my iTunes, I have far too many songs to fit on there. So here begins the next process, choosing which songs make the cut, and more importantly which memories I want to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment