Monday 13 December 2010

Essay Rant

So unbelievably bored. Bored of this library where people talk so loudly, bored of this essay where I have run out of ideas of things to write about and bored bored bored in general. I'm also really hungry but I need to finish this first. I've written 700 words, but I need to bump it up to about 1200, then cut the pointless bits out. Because there are an awful lot of pointless bits. I've run out of things to write about. I haven't even started on the book review that's also for tomorrow, ugh. I'm running out of time. I know I'm going to end up spending my entire Christmas holidays doing my work, when all I really need is a rest. I'm just so bored of the things we're studying at the moment, it seems like a huge recap but I don't feel like their teaching me the things I need to know. Like theorists, they've taught me nothing about theorists and now I'm here, trying to write an essay with no knowledge of theories to relate my ideas and analysis to. Which is driving me up the wall. Because I'm sat here with four textbooks in front of me and the library catalogue which has nothing that I type into it. And then there's google scholar, where nothing is relevant. I just want a book that lays things out for me in clear English, so I can put it into my own words, reference it and get this bloody essay out of the way. I'm not an essay person, and this is driving me mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment