Friday 25 February 2011

Back In Business

Firstly hello and thank you to my new follower, thank you for your kind words. I haven't written in a while; I mean I've been writing, in my notebook and on scraps of paper I find but I haven't written here. I've also had to write some poetry for Creative Writing; I wrote a sestina that I actually quite value, so I suppose I've been a little succesful with that. I had to read it out in my seminar today and despite the very personal content it got a good response. I might even post it up here at some point. I still need to post my second short story up here too.. which I've now had the results back for... 89%!!! So happy with that! I've also had results back for my book reviews, which I got 80% for, and I got 83% for one of my English modules. So it's firsts across the board at the moment and I'm thrilled. I'm just waiting for the last English module back and then I'll have all my results. I just hope it's good because I picked to do half field English Language and communication with Creative Writing, so really I need to do well in both English and Creative Writing. But I'm a happy bunny to say the least. Going out on Saturday night for a friend's birthday and to celebrate, off to Soho. One of my favourite places. But anyway, I've had to write quite a bit of poetry lately, and it's really not my strong suit, but I've been soldiering on. It's been a long time since I wrote poetry, but back when I was 14-16 I wrote every day, all the time writing poetry. I ought to dig my old notebooks out from back in the day.. maybe they'll give me some inspiration for sestinas, sonnets and villanelles. But it's been a long time and I'm out of the swing of it. I'm out of the swing of everything at the moment.. at a bit of a mental block in life. But it's fine.. things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment