Tuesday 27 March 2012

And Here The Fun Begins

I had my meeting today, it was brief but very interesting. I took him the three latest poems I've written and he said I was a wonder child. So here's the plan. See how quickly I can churn out 30-40 poems, and boom, the publishing process will begin. It's actually looking like this is a dead cert. Just think, this time next year I could actually have my own published little collection of poems. My own book! On a shelf! But yes, he said we can work on this on any sort of time scale, over a couple of years or less, but I want to try and see how fast I can get the poetry out of me. And we talked about how exactly he'd market me, really interesting. Exciting times people! Anyway I was doing a little light research tonight and I discovered said poet is not just a poet but also an actual publisher, so I suppose he'd be the one publishing it. Which cuts out a lot of the process I assume. But yes, it's a really exciting opportunity. Just got to take the bull by the horns and see where it takes me to.

1 comment: