Monday 1 November 2010

The Things I Miss

I've got so many thoughts that I'm having to blog again immediately after I posted the last one. I miss my home away from home. Being back here is just so strange. It's not like I thought it would be, with all my friends back at the same time. No, it appears to be just me. And I told you I'd be back to see you on Saturday, when most of my friends are returning. They're just a week later than me. It feels lonely here, which is the last thing I expected to feel. I miss the lights that are always on, it's so dark here, in the middle of nowhere. I miss going outside at any hour of the day or night and there being somebody outside to talk to and smoke with. Here the streets are empty at stupid o'clock. Well not even just at stupid o'clock, at any time after the sun sets. I miss there always being one of my flatmates around to talk to, or moan to, or whisper secrets to. I can't whisper secrets to my family. I miss pointless things, like the tap that doesn't turn off, and being able to have my television at a decent volume without anyone complaining. I miss Sunday roasts with Katy and Matt, Darren, Hannah, Antoine and Lauren, and I miss Ama-gi with the girls. I miss Jen, just because she's amazing, I miss Laura, and I even miss Yaz even though she really upset me. I miss the people on my course, and the LGBT, except for Red Jacket Guy.. I don't miss him at all. But everyone else. I can't wait to get back. It's not that I'm not grateful to be home, it's just not the same. It's strange, because life has moved on without me, and I was naive enough to not even think about that happening. I just miss the whole uni lifestyle. Take me back there? Take me back there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment